Confessions & Cadence
...there comes a midnight hour when everyone has to throw off his mask
Sunday, July 20, 2014
I'm nearly certain that you exist
But I'm increasingly unconvinced
That I can know anything about you absolutely.

We develop complex systems
To try and organize and systematize.
We bend over backwards
To constrain you to our truth.

We bleed you dry of beauty, of mystery
And claim a firm foundation of reason and fact.
A lifeless, dull, and decaying foundation.

Why do you die the more I try to define you?

Why are you so hidden?

Why are you so ambiguous?

I'm just like the rest:
I want you to be loud and conquering.

I don't want to be able to second guess.
Maybe that's akin to asking to no longer be human.
Okay.

"The two things you told me:
That you are strong
And you love me."

Love God and love others as yourself.
Sounds so simple and uncomplicated.
It gets murky so quickly.

Why?
0 Comments:

Post a Comment